South Beach Diet Snacks: Enjoy a Variety of Treats
Cutting back on calories doesn’t mean you have to give up treats. South Beach diet snacks are a big part of the daily plan, and since you are required to eat two snacks each and every day, it’s a great opportunity to enjoy many of your favorites!
Home Made Snacks and Treats
Sugar-free South Beach diet snacks and treats allowed during Phase 1 include hard candies, Jell-O, fudge pops, popsicles, jams, jellies, and much more. Sugar-free chocolate powder is also allowed. The variety is huge but keep in mind that these types of sweets should be no more than 75 calories per serving. During Phase 2, you can also add sugar-free pudding as well as any item from the Phase 1 list.
More Snack Ideas
Ideally, you want to eat snacks on the South Beach Diet that are both healthy and low carb, as well as offer protein and fiber. Natural snacks, then, should be a big part of your plan. Here is a list to give you more ideas
- Celery with tuna salad, peanut butter
- Hard boiled egg
- Sunflower seeds
- Ricotta cheese with fruit
- String Cheese
- Sugar-free yogurt
- Apple slices with cheese or peanut butter
- Lunch Meat Roll-ups with cheese and veggies
- Raw vegetables with a low carb dip
Get a highly personalized, delicious diet designed just for you...
Packaged Snack Foods
You can also enjoy prepackaged South Beach Living convenience foods. Kraft Foods makes a line of low carb South Beach Diet Snacks and Meal Replacement Bars exclusively for the plan. All of them meet the requirements of the diet and they satisfy the desire for chocolate, crunch, peanut butter, or whatever strikes your fancy. With just 25 grams of carbs on average per serving, they are great tasting snacks.
South Beach Living Snack Packs & Cereal Bars
They come in a variety of bars including:
- South Beach Living Fiber Fit Granola Bars (Chocolate, S’mores, Mocha, Peanut Butter, Berries ‘n Crème, more).
- South Beach Diet High Protein Cereal Bars (Chocolate, Peanut Butter, more).
- South Beach Living Snack Bar Delights (Chocolate Raspberry, Whipped Chocolate Almond, more).
- South Beach Living Snack Pack Delights (Dark Chocolate Covered Soy-nuts, Energy Mix, more).
- South Beach Living Crispy Meal Bars (Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Raisin, more).
- South Beach Living Meal Replacement Bars (Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Caramel Peanut Crisp, more).
Shop Online for the Best Selection
These bars can be very difficult to find in local grocery stores, which don’t have room on the store shelves to carry all varieties and all flavors. Your best bet is to buy these snacks online from Amazon. Buy several packages and get free shipping on orders over $25. The price breakdown on individual bars averages about 58 cents each – an incredible savings over grocery store prices.
South Beach Diet Appetizers: Easy Ways to Snack Sensibly
Sweet Treats and the South Beach Diet: Indulge, But in Moderation
Return from South Beach Diet Snacks to the South Beach Diet Plan Home Page