The South Beach Diet Plan – An End to Out of Control Cravings
Got cravings you can’t control? The South Beach Diet plan understands your frustrations and offers a fun and easy approach to proper nutrition. Rather than cut calories or fat, the South Beach system will have you eating until satisfied.
Hunger is Not on this Diet Menu!
If you carefully follow the guide to the South Beach diet plan, you should not get hungry. You will eat three balanced meals as well as two snacks.
The South Beach diet is divided into three phases. The introductory Phase 1, which lasts about two weeks, is the most restrictive part of the plan. You must eliminate most carbohydrates from meals and snacks including fruit (a source of hidden sugars), most dairy (more hidden sugar and carbs!), saturated fats, and high carb foods such as white rice, bread, and pasta. This period of the diet plan is designed to control carb cravings and will stabilize your blood sugar level. You will also drop about 5 to 10 pounds!
In Phase 2, some carbs, the good ones, are gradually added back in. This phase of the plan will last as long as it takes you to lose weight and reach your goals. By the time you reach Phase 3 of the South Beach Diet, you will know how carbohydrates affect your weight and how much or how little your body requires of them for use as fuel. You will be in Phase 3 the rest of your life as you maintain your ideal weight. If you regain a little weight, you can restart either Phases 1 or 2, depending on how much you feel you need to lose.
More Than Just a Diet Book
Since its launch in 2003 by Arthur Agatston, a cardiologist at Miami Beach’s Mt. Sinai Medical Center, and dietician Marie Almon, the South Beach diet guide has gone from a single book to being a multi-million dollar franchise. Dr. Agatston has written several outstanding books including the original South Beach Diet book (2003), as well as the South Beach Diet Good Fats, Good Carbs Guide (2004), and the updated South Beach Diet Supercharged: Faster Weight Loss and Better Health for Life guide (2008).
There’s a lot of information in the South Beach Diet plan to cover, which is why we offer this website to help give you more options and break down the areas into easy-to-use guides. We help you understand the all important glycemic index and give you an idea about the food shopping list, provide a collection of free recipes, plus meal plans and menu ideas, diet tips, and of course, thoughts about exercise. To help you achieve your goals, we also have articles on the diet foods, the South Beach meal replacement bars, snacks, supplements, and a review of the South Beach Diet books including the cookbooks.
You get even more help at the official South Beach diet website, which also offers personalized tools when you register. These tools include a Nutrition and Daily Meal Planner, a personalized Weight Tracker form, an online journal to log your process, and a Shopping List Generator for foods and ingredients that can be conveniently printed to take with you to the store.
Proven Success Stories
This is really one of the easier diets to follow. You don’t have to count points like Weight Watchers, or measure food portions on a scale, or write down a daily calorie count. The South Beach diet plan doesn’t have that kind of structure – it simply offers lists of the types of foods that contain sugar and carbs that cause weight gain. The diet works by eliminating or severely restricting these foods from your diet, the excess pounds will come off while you eat your way to a healthy weight.
The official South Beach website also offers comments by people who have done the program and want to share their thoughts and results. You can read numerous examples of success stories from people who have lost weight, and lowered their cholesterol and blood pressure in a matter of months. The reviews by dieters cover both the original plan and the Supercharged or New South Beach Diet. Who knows? Maybe in a few months, you will be adding your own success story to the forum about your experience following the South Beach diet plan.
- The South Beach Diet Online – 5 Reasons to Join
- Is it worth to join the South Beach Diet online and pay the fee to become a full fledged member? The answer is a resounding, Yes! There are many benefits that you just won't find in any book.
- How Does the South Beach Diet Work? The 3 Phases Explained
- Plans like the South Beach diet work when you focus on adhering to the Glycemic Index. Eliminate bad carbs that store fat, lose excess pounds effectively, curb your cravings.
- South Beach Diet Phase 1 - Guidelines and Food List for Week 1
- The South Beach diet phase 1 guidelines are easy to remember: no starches or fruit, and limited dairy. Avoid the carbs and sugar that cause weight gain and play havoc on your blood sugar levels.
- South Beach Diet Phase 2 – Foods You Can & Can’t Eat
- Remain on the South Beach diet phase 2 for as long as it takes to lose the excess pounds and achieve your goal weight; foods to enjoy, foods to avoid during phase two.
- South Beach Diet Phase 3 – The Maintenance Phase
- The South Beach diet phase 3 or maintenance phase is a way of life and a new way of looking at how you eat. Enjoy a lifetime of good food without fear of putting excess pounds back on.
- The South Beach Diet Glycemic Index - What it is, How it Works
- Choosing foods low on the South Beach Diet glycemic index. The very success of this popular diet will depend on how faithfully the GI index is followed. Learn the glycemic index and stick to your goal
- South Beach Diet Foods – What is Allowed, What is Not
- What South Beach diet foods are allowed and what foods are restricted? A quick list to give you an idea of what the diet allows you to eat. See how much you can lose, and how good you can feel.
- South Beach Diet Meal Plans - Eat Right and Get Slim
- These free South Beach diet meal plans will keep you interested and excited about eating delicious food, while your body drops the excess pounds and uses food as fuel energy in a more efficient way.
- South Beach Diet Menus for the 3 Phases of the Plan
- Where to find a wide selection of South Beach diet menus which will give you meal plans, as well as recipes, a recipe widget, and a list of convenience foods. Going hungry is not part of this plan!
- South Beach Diet Recipes – Free Recipe Collection
- Our collection of free South Beach diet recipes for main/side dishes, lunches, desserts, snacks. Take the guesswork out of figuring what dish to make during each phase; simple to make, fast to prepare
- The South Beach Diet Shopping List – Flexibility in Food Selection
- Sample South Beach diet shopping list of allowed foods. Where to print expanded grocery lists for Phase 1 and 2 using a list generator tool. Take it with you on your next trip to the grocery store.
- 10 South Beach Diet Tips & Helpful Advice
- Our list of the best South Beach diet tips for successful weight loss. 10 tips and helpful advice for the 3 phases of the plan; follow these ground rules for successful weight loss.
- South Beach Diet Results – 2 Basic Rules for Success
- Properly followed, the South Beach diet results in rapid weight loss the first two weeks. Achieve your goal weight by following these two rules. It’s the healthy, natural way to eat!
- South Beach Diet Books & Cookbooks: A Review
- A review of popular South Beach Diet books and cookbooks by Dr Arthur Agatston, M.D., available online as well as in local bookstores. It’s time to include one or all of them in your kitchen library.
- South Beach Diet Snacks, Treats & Meal Replacement Bars
- Low-carb and sugar-free South Beach diet snacks, treats and meal replacement bars should be a big part of your diet. Ideas for healthy snacks that offer protein and fiber.
- South Beach Diet Supplements & Multivitamins
- A list of South Beach diet supplements and daily multivitamins as recommended by Dr. Agatston, author of the South Beach Diet. Make sure you get enough vitamins, calcium, and fiber.
- South Beach Diet Side Effects During the Restrictive Phase 1
- Phase 1 South Beach Diet side effects may include dehydration, dizziness, fatigue, heart palpitations, low blood sugar, high fluid loss, tired muscles and cramping. Talk to your doctor first!
- Dangers of the South Beach Diet: Are There Any Health Risks?
- You won’t find the South Beach diet to be a danger if you follow the plan. A look at possible health risks and dangerous side effects and complications of very low carb diets.
- South Beach Diet Reviews & Comments by Successful Dieters
- South Beach diet reviews are for the most part extremely positive about the plan. Actual comments by dieters who have tried the plan and reported success. Get inspired to succeed!
- The South Beach Diet Exercise Program – Stay Slim For Good!
- The South Beach Diet and exercise, the best way to get past your weight loss plateau. The new Supercharged DVD/video offers a coordinating diet + exercise program for each of the three phases.
- The New South Beach Diet: The Supercharged Plan
- The new South Beach diet follows the same pattern of the old plan but now includes more allowed foods + the new Supercharged plan details an exercise program to be performed during Phase 1 and 2.
- South Beach Diet Forum, Online Message Boards & Chat Rooms
- The South Beach Diet forum, one of the more common strategies for getting the most out of the plan. A list of online message boards and chat rooms for those who don’t want to join the official website
- Compare Diet Plans - The South Beach Diet vs. Other Popular Diets
- Compare diet plans: a comparison of the South Beach diet vs. Atkins, Mediterranean, Weight Watchers and the Zone diet.
- The South Beach Diet Fast Food Guide – Enjoy Eating Out!
- South Beach Diet Fast Food Guide pointers: if you're in a hurry, traveling, or don't want to research it on your own, here are a few quick picks from some of the most popular fast food joints.
- The South Beach Diet Plan Blog
- Keep up-to-date with the South Beach diet plan blog. We add articles and tips on dieting and healthy living on a weekly basis.
- South Beach Diet Free Information, Advice, Tips, Recipes
- South Beach Diet free information on both the old and the new diet plan. Don’t waste your time on a fad diet; follow this exciting plan and make it a vital part of your life
- Terms and Conditions of Use - Southbeach-Diet-Adviser.com
- Terms and Conditions of Use for Southbeach-Diet-Adviser.com
- Legal Disclaimer – Southbeach-Diet-Adviser.com
- Legal disclaimer for Southbeach-Diet-Adviser.com
- Compensation Disclosure - Southbeach-Diet-Adviser.com
- Compensation disclosure for Southbeach-Diet-Adviser.com
- South Beach Diet Plan Site Map - Southbeach-Diet-Adviser.com
- The South Beach diet plan site map makes it easy to navigate our site.
- South Beach Diet Plan Resources - Southbeach-Diet-Adviser.com
- A list of helpful South Beach diet plan resources and links to interesting websites to help you on your weight loss journey.